Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 106

Thread: Ford to Cut Jobs

  1. #71
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    Closed minded? I guess its funny because I could say the same about you Rocketer...but I won't because I don't know you, same as you don't know me. You have already said I gather my views based on what a political party believes without having any idea if that was the case. When I was in my late teens and early 20's yes I was more liberal than I am now and would have considered myself a democrat even though I have still never registered with either party.

    I believed and still believe that the middle class and/or "working" class has it tougher than they should. I believed and still believe that we need a better way to run our health care system in this country. I believed and still believe that we have too many children living below the poverty level to be the richest country in the world. I believed and still believe that minorities need a strong voice in Washington. All of those things are strong Democratic party social issues right? However, as I got into my later 20's I noticed an increasing movement from left wing liberals and the ACLU(anti christ liars union) against issues of a moral connotation. In the days of FDR and Kennedy some of these issues being brought to the forefront I'm sure would have made them question their own party platform. Such things as gay marriage, abortion, Ten Commandments displayed in public, God being taken out of the pledge of the allegiance. You can argue all you want about whether it is right or wrong but I challenge you to find a sin that its spoken against more often in the Bible than homosexuality, in addition there is nowhere in the Bible that it could be interpreted that it could be "ok." Also it speaks about a fetus being known by God in the Bible. I ask you is there anywhere in the Good Book that it could possibly be interpreted that abortion is "ok"? Also the ACLU recently won a lawsuit against the Pentagon for sponsoring the Boy Scouts of America because in their argument they said that to be a Boy Scouts leader you had to take an oath to God....and yes I said they won!!! what a mockery.

    It bothered me that I was often voting for candidates who belonged to the same party that the ACLU and many left wing activist groups were supporting. Yes, you may say well the ACLU and these other anti moral activist groups are not the same as the Democratic Party...well ok maybe not but who do these groups support? If they are supporting them then they must be voting their agenda. On the same token who does the Christian Coalition support? They also base their support on the party who is voting their agenda.

    So to sum it up no I do not agree with everything that either party does...however, like many other Americans(republican prez, majority republicans in house and senate) morals happens to be the last thing I will compromise...If the Democratc Party could give me a candidate who would speak out against such atrocities I guarantee he/she would have my vote...Being a compassionate conservative I do wish our Republican leaders would do more in the way of some of the issues I mentioned earlier but when it comes to morals I cannot compromise my basic beliefs just to get a minor middle class tax break or a hardly noticeable decrease in health care costs....besides Clinton had all those years to do something about rising health care costs but the only thing that happened was they got even higher...So those of you who blame Bush and the Republicans for the prices at the pump, fine...go ahead and vote next time for a member of a party who is supported by anti-moral, anti- God and anti-Biblical groups who would like nothing more than to have you on their team....unwittingly they used to have me too, don't feel bad.

    Everyone can change.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    You can argue all you want about whether it is right or wrong but I challenge you to find a sin that its spoken against more often in the Bible than homosexuality, in addition there is nowhere in the Bible that it could be interpreted that it could be "ok."

    [/ QUOTE ]

    i heard that they was building a gay church in norton near prime sirloin...is this true or is it just a rumor?? j/w
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  3. #73
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    That gives new meaning to T-bone :0

  4. #74
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    That would depend on the side of the street you are on [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    has any1 else heard this though ???
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

  6. #76
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I've not heard anything of the sort...but it this day and age it wouldn't surprise me!

  7. #77
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    I know the people that are starting the church, granted they might have some homosexuality tendancies, they are very God loving people. Regardless of their views on sexual orientation, they are great promoters for Christ.

  8. #78
    Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,878
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    They are not promoting Christ if they are homos. To be a Christian, you have to be Christlike, and Jesus was not a homosexual.

  9. #79
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    lol here we go AGAIN same views different thread
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  10. #80
    Inactive Member one1one's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9th, 2005
    Posts
    808
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Ford to Cut Jobs

    is this a church FOR gays...or is it just an open church ran by gays?
    [b] "The One and Only"[/b]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •